- Google Scholar lists my h-index as 14, and my i10-index as 15, with 650 citations to date.
- Awarded £218,727 in research funding, scholarships, and awards to date.
- Over 8,600 followers, over 64,000 unique views, and in the top 1% on Academia.edu, the world’s leading academic social networking website.
- Peer reviewer for 36 different journals, in addition to numerous monograph proposal and funding reviews.
- Work has been translated into Spanish.
- PhD Social Policy, Open University, UK (Oct 2005-Feb 2009)
- MRes Social Science Research Methods, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK (Oct 2004-July 2005)
- BA Sociology, University of Leeds, UK (Oct 2000-July 2003)
- Reader, Department of Educational Studies, Goldsmiths, University of London (Nov 2019-Present)
- Reader, Cass School of Education and Communities, University of East London (July 2016-Oct 2019)
- Senior Lecturer, Cass School of Education and Communities, University of East London (Feb 2015-June 2016)
- Research Fellow, School of Education, University of Roehampton (Sept 2012-Jan 2015)
- Research Associate, School of Education, University of Roehampton (July 2011-June 2012)
- Research Assistant, School of Education, University of Roehampton (July 2010-June 2011)
- FHEA, Fellow of Higher Education Academy (HEA) (Oct 2013-Present)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FUNDING
- Impact Fund; Funder: Readiness for REF, University of East London; Amount: £2,581 (July 2016)
- Future Research Leaders Grant; Funder: Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC); Amount: 164,978 (Oct 2012-Jan 2015)
- PhD Studentship; Funder: Centre for Citizenship, Identity and Governance (CCIG), The Open University; Amount: £51,168 (Oct 2005-Jan 2009)
- Joint-second prize for books published in 2016; Prize: £1000. Book: Modernising school governance: Corporate planning and expert handling in state education (Routledge). Awarding body: Society for Educational Studies (SES) (Nov 2017)
- Nominated for a University of East London (UEL) Student Led Teaching Award (SLTA) (May 2018)
- Nominated for ‘Editor’s Choice’ in Discourse: Studies in Cultural Politics of Education. Nominated journal article: ‘Governing through parents: a genealogical enquiry of education policy and the construction of neoliberal subjectivities in England’, co-authored with Antonio Olmedo (May 2017)
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERSHIPS
- Journal of Education Policy (JEP); Associate Regional Editor – Europe (Sept 2018-Present)
- Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies (JCEPS); Editorial Advisory Board Member (Sept 2017-Present)
- British Journal of Sociology of Education (BJSE); Editorial Advisory Board Member (June 2017-Present)
- Social Theory and Methodology in Education Research; Bloomsbury Book Series; Editorial Board Member (June 2016-Present)
- Topical Issues of Pedagogy, Psychology and Professional Education (Ukrainian); Editorial Board (Feb 2016-Present)
- Journal of Applied Social Theory; Editorial Board Member (Nov 2015-Present)
- Journal of Pedagogy (JoP) (Slovak); Executive Editor Panel Member (March 2014-Present)
- Centre for Identities and Social Justice (CISJ), Goldsmiths; Member (Oct 2019-Present)
- ‘Human Education in the Third Millennium’ Initiative Group; Member (Sept 2018-Present)
- European Network on Neoliberal Education Policy (ENNEP); Member (Feb 2015-Present)
- Network of Theory Application; Member (May 2015-Present)
- Robert Owen Centre for Educational Change; Associate Member (May 2015-Present)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA); Fellow (June 2013-Present)
- Peer Review College, ESRC; Member (Oct 2012-Present)